Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fraggle Blog - The Terrible Tunnel

episode 8

written by Jocelyn Stevenson

Oh, I guess Gobo does come back up from his opening dive, but his hair is wet and he's almost unrecognizable.

I wonder how Wembley's swiveling eyes work?

Cool songs in this one.

Wow, that terrible tunnel is pretty scary!

This is probably my favorite episode so far. But if it's trying to "say" something, I'm not sure what it is. I've felt we're supposed to laugh at Boober's superstitions, and the legend of the terrible tunnel seems like nothing more than just a legend, yet we find out it really is real. And I'm not sure how the Doc/Sprocket storyline ties in...the horseshoe is a symbol of good luck, and so I can't help but feel the theme is "reality versus superstition". Of course, maybe the idea wasn't so much to have an obvious "moral" as it was just to tell a good story. In that, it succeeded nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment