Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fraggle Blog - I Don't Care

Episode 15, the one and only episode written by Canadian playwright Carol Bolt. How interesting!

Whether Gobo is saying "Wowee" or "Now me" in the opening, it always bugs me that his voice trails on long after his mouth has closed.

So whose trash is Marjory the Trash Heap made of? Boober has a bottle cap stating "No deposit, no return", which sounds like a human bottle cap to me. So the Trash Heap is maybe a place where Fraggles and humans might have interacted before.

Wow, there are some weird creatures in the Rock!

Don't put too much store in objects? I think that would have to be the lesson in this episode. It's people that count, not things.

Actually it was a very good episode. Too bad Ms. Bolt didn't write more.

And I marvel again at Dave Goelz's great puppetry. I remember how stiff and timid Gonzo was when Goelz was starting out. He certainly blossomed into a terrific puppeteer.

And I just noticed that this is director Stephen Katz's only episode. Odd that this episode would feature two one-time-only Fraggle collaborators.

No comments:

Post a Comment