Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fraggle Blog - A Cave of One's Own

Episode IIxx, written by Susan and Jerry Juhl.

This is the first time I've had a strong feeling about the direction of a particular episode, and I don't feel like this one is being handled especially well. These scenes with Mokey and Red at cross purposes seem pretty sloppy and confused...I don't think it's the writing, I think it's the direction.

Hmm...Red can pick up a dumbbell with her tail! I didn't know they were prehensile!

Geez, both Mokey and Red are just talking and shouting at each other at the same time...wasn't there a better way to handle these scenes?

And only Red and Mokey are singing, so why do I hear more than two female voices?

Wow...Mokey getting violent with Red there! Such aggression!

Okay, this was not my favorite episode. So clamorous! The conflict between Mokey and Red wasn't presented cleanly, it was a big mess with both characters screaming at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment