Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fraggle Blog - Beginnings

Lifelong Henson fan though I may be, one show that I feel I haven't seen enough of is Fraggle Rock. And the way the show develops through its run, it seems important to view it in its entirety. So that's what the missus and I started to do at lunchtime today. And I thought I might keep a blog of my thoughts and impressions of the show.

So we started today with the aptly titled "Beginnings", an episode written by Jerry Juhl. It was an excellent episode, with an enormous amount of exposition and explaining to get out of the way about the many interwoven worlds that make up the show. It handled all this quite efficiently, and managed to be entertaining at the same time. I'm not sure how the Fraggles have a grasp on how the postal system works...but why quibble?

I enjoyed the mail Doc got from "Caroly", a nod to Muppet builder Caroly Wilcox!

No comments:

Post a Comment